TURKS AND CAICOS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Updated 7 September, 2020
The Turks and Caicos Islands border opens to international travel 22nd July, 2020. The Government has published new requirements and measured safety protocols governing the re-opening of the borders.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements
All incoming guests, with the exception of children under the age of 10 years must receive a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR nasal swab test, undertaken no more than five (5) days prior to travel to the islands. (Blood Draw, Antibody testing is not acceptable for entry to Turks & Caicos.)
The name, address, telephone number and email address of the laboratory at which the PCR COVID-19 test was conducted is required along with;
- The date the PCR COVID-19 test was conducted.
- The full names, date of birth and address of the person tested for PCR COVID-19.
- The results of the PCR COVID-19 test conducted in relation to that said person.
The person shall carry the test results with him/her when travelling to the Turks & Caicos Islands and shall give the test results to a health officer upon request.
The Turks and Caicos Islands Government requires proof of Medical/ Travel insurance that covers; in-country COVID-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions along with air ambulance coverage. A guest is made subject to quarantine or hospitalization shall bear the costs of all treatment received and the costs for accommodation and board.
TCI SAFETM will provide you with clear answers and easy solutions, including an affordable insurance package and COVID-19 PCR testing package for you and your family that fulfills the legal requirements for entry into the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Additional Information and Recommendations by the TCI Government
COVID 19 PCR Test Guidelines
Some information to help you with your COVID 19 PCR test. We are only accepting PCR tests.
Some facts to help you with your COVID 19 PCR negative test result:
- All test submissions must be the laboratory report, this is the only document which would provide all the information necessary for us to arrive at a decision.
- All laboratory reports must include the patient demographics, date the sample was collected and tested/reported, sample and test type.
- The preferred sample types are Nasopharyngeal or Oropharyngeal, these can be abbreviated NPS, NASOP or OPS. (If the sample type is anything different eg saliva or nasal, we will reject it)
- Only molecular assays are being accepted, please look for words or abbreviations such as,
• Any one of a combination of the following, E, N, ORF, RdRp
• PCR, rt-PCR, rt-qPCR
- If the word antigen or antibody appears anywhere in the test name, or it is revealed that the test performed is an antibody/antigen test when reviewing the disclaimer or notes please reject.
- In the disclaimer where a laboratory test was developed in-house please confirm it has FDA EUA if not please reject.
- The use of home test kits should not be permitted, these samples are collected by the patient and not a medical professional. This compromises the integrity of the result.
TCI approved Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance is mandatory for arrivals to Turks and Caicos if you do not have a valid TCI National Health Insurance Program number. If you do not have a travel insurance you may purchase one from our recommended TCI assured insurance partners.
- Seven Corners
- HTH World Wide
- Alliaz Global Assistance
- Generali Insurance
- Global Rescue
- HDI Global
By providing links to web sites of insurance providers or insurance companies, the Turks and Caicos Islands Government and the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board does not guarantee, approve, or endorse the information, products or services available from these insurance providers or insurance companies and or on these sites.
The Turks and Caicos Islands Government and the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board do not verify the adequacy of cover provided by any of the contents of the policies or other products offered. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser of a policy or other service to be satisfied that the policy covers the risk sought to be insured against.
These links are being provided as a convenience. They do not constitute an endorsement of or an approval by the Turks and Caicos Islands Government nor the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board of any of the products, services or opinions of the insurance provider, insurance company or individual.
Neither the Turks and Caicos Islands Government nor the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board bears any legal liability for any loss suffered, to pay compensatory damages or awards including cost directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from, arising out of or in connection with or attributed to the use of any such product or service.
Travel Authorization / TCI Assured Portal
Prior to departing for the Islands guests will apply for travel authorization by completing the Travel Authorization Form set out on the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board website, this will include uploading the negative test results document and completed insurance requirements.
LEARN MORE on entry requirements published by the Turks and Caicos Islands government.
The Source has always offered the highest hospitality and service quality standards that one expects at 5-star accommodations and in moments like this there is no exception. As The Turks and Caicos Islands opens and the world begins to travel again, we would like to introduce you to some of the measures we are taking to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff members.
Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please reach out to our Reservations Team:
1 (888) 413.3808.
We look forward to welcoming you to our traditional hospitality and personalized service.